Progressive jackpot slots are popular – and for plenty of good reasons, too. If you’re new to this type of slot, this is the guide for you. We’ll explain the ins and outs of progressive slots, and how they could change your life if you’re lucky enough to win one!
Where to find the best progressive jackpot slots
With bingo and casino games alongside the slots, you won’t fall short of games to play here. Click on the jackpot option to discover the progressive slots available at Big Tease.
Enter the Wink slots section, and you will find a huge selection of slots that come with added progressive jackpots. The current amount is displayed above the icon for the game, so you can choose which ones to play!
With oodles of progressive pots to play for, PocketWin is a super site to visit if you love playing slots on your mobile.
What is a progressive jackpot slot?
Every slot game has a jackpot, but a progressive jackpot is offered as an extra in some instances. A small part of every bet taken on the game will be put into a jackpot fund. This is the progressive jackpot, so-called because it gets progressively bigger as more and more people play and more is added into the pot.
Can I win using bonus funds or free spins?
It’s possible on some websites… but be careful:
- Wagering requirements are attached to free spins and bonus funds
- That means you may win the jackpot and find you must play through the amount you’ve won several times before you’re able to claim it!
Our top tip: always use your cash
If you want to play a progressive jackpot slot online in the hope of winning the big prize, always use your own cash to bet. That way, if you do win, the money is yours and you won’t need to meet any wagering requirements.
When will the jackpot drop?
Mostly, you won’t know how it would happen. Sometimes, the paytable will reveal the trigger, but you still need to get it on the reels to win. Here are some other possibilities:
- Random trigger
- Specific pattern of icons across all the reels will trigger the prize payout
- Set amount of money reached in the pot triggers the payout for the person whose bet hits that amount
Standalone vs network progressive jackpot slot
Did you realise there are two kinds? Here they are:
- An independent site, not affiliated with any other sites, will offer a standalone jackpot
- A network of sites will all offer the same game with the same progressive jackpot – a network progressive jackpot
There are important elements to note with each one.
Advantages of each
- A standalone progressive prize can only be won by the people playing on that site, thereby producing far less competition
- A network progressive prize is played by more people across several sites, so it can grow far larger
Disadvantages of each
- The standalone pot will probably be smaller, as fewer bets are made by fewer people
- The network pot will have more people playing to win… and that means more competition for you
How does RTP affect winnings?
RTP means return-to- player. It is an average figure taken over a long period, so if you play one or two spins, you may get nothing back or you may win the jackpot.
Fluffy Favourites is a great example of a slot that comes in two versions:
- The regular slot without a progressive jackpot included
- The progressive jackpot version
Now, the RTP is different for each version:
- Fluffy Favourites regular version – 95% RTP
- Fluffy Favourites progressive version – 89.9%
You’ll notice the difference there. That’s caused by a portion of every bet going into the progressive pot, as we learned earlier. If you want to play progressive jackpot slots, you must accept there will be a lower RTP. You could win the pot, of course, but the odds are lower and this is reflected in the RTP.
Are there T&Cs to think about?
Yes, there could be. Always check the rules on every site you visit, to determine what might happen if you were lucky. It’s always best to know ahead of time, just in case!
Here are some pointers:
- Winnings in instalments – would the prize be split into regular payments or be granted in a lump sum?
- Publicity – every site likes to promote the fact they have had a jackpot winner. What would you be required to agree to?
- Withdrawal limits – how long would it take to get your prize if there are daily withdrawal limits in force?
Are you ready to try and win one of the progressive slot jackpots online today?
You’d better be, as there are thousands of pounds to be won! Good luck and we hope the RTP comes down in your favour…